Great work, thanks a lot for this framework!
Could you provide an example of animated inserting of a new point? My goal is to implement interpolation between previous retrieved and last point on the real-time line chart.
- You must login to post comments
Hi there! Thanks for the first every iOS Charts question on our forums!
Can you supply a link to a video or a diagram explaining a bit more what you need? I don’t quite understand the requirement. I want to be sure before we answer.
I can tell you that animation of new datapoints is not something that we have built – yet – but we might be able to offer a suitable workaround, or implement it (depending on what you want).
- Thanks for a fast reply! Of course! Here is an example I captured from app with SciChart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N6yArpppdw Here is an example of expected behavior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qXE9SBMP5k As you can see on the second video, new point is adding with animation from last (x0, y0) to current (x1, y1). Is it possible to implement it using SciChart?
- I’d suggest just writing a small helper function that accepts an X,Y point and calls SCIXyDataSeries.append() and update() to get the desired result.
- @Andrew Burnett-Thompson How will your suggestion will help me to achieve animation for new point in iOS?
- @Andrew Burnett-Thompson Do you have any sample example for that?
- Hi there, just posted an example on this page. Take a look! https://www.scichart.com/questions/ios/animated-inserting-of-a-new-point
Please login first to submit.