I have uploaded little test project with data and small video (1.8 Mb) showing the problem here https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgevtl6gee74926/ZoomOutScroll.zip?dl=0
1) Bug report.
In new versions (3.23) MouseWheelZoomModifier won’t zoom out if first bar of DataSeries is already visible (no more data on the left of the chart). But in old versions (2.11) it works. Please see my video. I can’t tell in exactly what version this behavior has been changed. I remember I reported this bug 1 or 1.5 years ago, and it was fixed. But now I notice this again.
Please fix or describe how can I fix it for my charts (3.23).
Please see second half of the video (after 0:17).
On top there is SciChartSurface, on bottom there is SciStockChart.
ZoomPanModifier (scrolling the chart with pressed left mouse button) works differently: SciStockChart scrolls good, but SciChartSurface does zooming in instead of simple scrolling.
My question is how to set up SciChartSurface to make her ZoomPanModifier act as on SciStockChart. I used to work with SciChartSurface and don’t want to move to SciStockChart because I like to have more settings.
v2.1.1 – v3.2.3 is a big jump and a lot has changed! I have some suggestions for you below
you might want to check out the ClipModeX property, which causes the modifier to stop, or scale (stretch) or continue panning when extents of the data are met.
Defines how panning behaves when you reach the edge of the X-Axis extents. e.g. ClipMode.ClipAtExtents prevents panning outside of the X-Axis, ClipMode.None allows panning outside
- ClipMode.ClipAtExtents forces the panning operation to stop suddenly at the extents of the data
- ClipMode.ClipAtMax forces the panning operation to stop suddenly at the maximum of the data, but expand at the minimum
- ClipMode.ClipAtMin forces the panning operation to stop suddenly at the minimum of the data, but expand at the maximum
- ClipMode.None means you can pan right off the edge of the data into uncharted space.
- ClipMode.StretchAtExtents causes a zooming (stretch) action when you reach the edge of the data.
You can probably create custom behaviour very easily by following this tutorial:
Btw, regarding 2: MouseWheelZoomModifier problem.
Yura from support advised following and it helped:
<s:CategoryDateTimeAxis VisibleRangeLimitMode="Min"> <s:CategoryDateTimeAxis.VisibleRangeLimit> <s:IndexRange Min="0" /> </s:CategoryDateTimeAxis.VisibleRangeLimit> </s:CategoryDateTimeAxis>
Please login first to submit.