A quick update for those of you who are waiting for SciChart v3.2. We are so close! We just wanted to update you where we are at, so you don’t lose faith in us 🙂
You can grab a nightly build off our NuGet server right now (see below for details)
When will the MSI Installer / Full v3.2 Release be ready?
We’ve made some enhancements to our Licensing Server to accept manual (offline) activations via email, and process a response semi-automatically. Also to auto-detect proxy for HTTP requests. These need to be thoroughly tested as you can imagine.
We’re aiming to get it done, and packaged and released by end of the week. We will email via our newsletter once it’s ready.
But … We’ve prepared a NuGet package for you with v3.2 Enhancements
You can grab a nightly build off our NuGet server right now: 188.8.131.5224. If you have not activated already, this will require Activation with the SciChart Licensing Wizard, available in the v3.2 BETA MSI Installer. If you have, it should just work.
This is a stable package for v3.2 which includes many fixes and enhancements reported during the BETA phase. In a few days, we’ll release an installer with a small increment on this build. This will be the final v3.2 release – we hope 🙂
- NEW! Added Logarithmic Base feature to LogarithmicNumericAxis
- NEW! Added SelectedRangechanged scroll event for SciChartScrollBar, raised after interactions with scrollbar thumbs (dragging, resizing, programmatic changes)
- NEW! Added support for RubberBandXyZoomModifier for polar chart. Removed obsolete property FitYAxisOnZoom
- NEW! Ohlc, Hlc, BoxPlotSeries tooltips to use Axis Formatted Values
- NEW! Added AnnotationBase.DragDelta event – for an event when a user drag occurs
- NEW! Added HorizontalLineAnnotation.YDragStep – now supports drag with snap to step
- NEW! LegendModifier.UpdateLegend, GetSeriesInfo now virtual methods, accessible by derived types
v184.108.40.20624 Bug Fixes
- Fixed Polar chart annotations issue after MouseWheelZoom
- Fixed issue with tooltip template for Heatmap Series
- Fixed polar chart ticks get detached (SL only)
- Fixed broken rollover in Silverlight
- Fixed crash in ToggleButtonExtensions in the VS Designer in some cases (affected examples)
- Fixed AnnotationLabels now obey cursor text formatting
- Fixed bug in NotifyAxesDataRangeChanged where it crashed if SciChartSurface.RenderableSeries collection was null
- Fixed exception in Logarithmic Axis example in the examples suite
- Fixed several modifiers throwing NullReferenceException if AxisCollection is null or empty
- Fixed a bug in Dashed Lines for High Quality Render Surface, where dashes resulted in large gaps in some cases
- Fixed a crash in StackedMountainsWrapper when using HitTest with DateTimeAxis
- Fixed default CursorTextFormatting in NumericAxis
- Several improvements and minor enhancements to Polar Chart series
- Updated SciChart D3D NuGet package to reference and include D3DX9_43.dll, required if the end-user computer does not have the DirectX Runtime
Examples / Installation Improvements (Coming Soon)
You can’t get these now, as they will be part of the full installer, but when it hits, it will include
- Improved Activation / Licensing Wizard. Now auto-detects proxy to send HTTP requests behind a proxy. Manual Activation now emails our licensing server for a quick (2 minute) automated response!
- Improved deployment of DirectX. Included D3DX9_43.dll in the [Install Dir]/Lib/net40/ folder so DirectX works on computers without DirectX Runtime.
- NEW: Added CustomRenderableSeries example – spline render series – to Examples suite
- Improvements to several examples in the Examples suite
Where can I get it?
You can download v3.2.5424 off our NuGet server, either by referencing via NuGet Package manager, or by just downloading the *.nupkg, renaming to *.zip and extracting it.
If your support is in subscription and you have activated already, you should be able to use it straight away.
Thanks and regards,