We’ve moved over to a new format for communicating our releases and updates of our popular WPF Chart control, by publishing a rolling changelog of every fix or enhancement in SciChart.
You can find the changelogs in the top menu at Developers -> Changelogs -> SciChart WPF ChangeLog
WPF Charts: What’s New in SciChart WPF v8.1?
This release is a cumulative update with fixes and minor enhancements which is backward compatible to version 8.0 of SciChart WPF. It’s recommended for all users on v8.x to upgrade.
Changes since v8.0 include:
- Updated documentation articles
- SC-7766 Fixed an issue when Stroke was not applied to WaterfallRenderableSeries3D when StrokeColorMapping was not provided
- SC-7764 Fixed a NullReferenceException when zooming in at the edges of a StackedColumns chart
- SC-7763 Added disposal of inner textures for WaterfallRenderableSeries3D
- SC-7750 Fixed an issue when Tooltips would show accumulated value for StackedSeries instead of a data value
- SC-7720 Fixed AccessViolationException when LabelProvider returns an empty string in SciChart 3D
- SC-7716 Fixed AccessViolationException during LineSeries rendering when DataSeries contains Double.NaN values only
- SC-7697 Fixed misaligned tooltips with StackedColumns and DateTimeAxis
- SC-7651 Fixed an issue when ChartModifiers would force focus to SciChartSurface
- SC-7646 Fixed default bindings for Axes and RenderableSeries in SciChart 2D MVVM API
- SC-7617 Fixed an issue when WaterfallRenderableSeries3D didn’t update when properties of WaterfallDataSeries changed
- SC-7456 Fixed PaletteProvider for FastStripeRenderableSeries
- SC-7648 Added support of Logarithmic X-Axis with WaterfallRenderableSeries3D
- SC-7727 Added support of Logarithmic Z-Axis with WaterfallRenderableSeries3D
- SC-7630 Fixed an issue when hit-test would fail for some slices of WaterfallRenderableSeries3D
- SC-7726 Fixed an issue when WaterfallRenderableSeries3D would ignore Z-values when passed into DataSeries constructor
- SC-7771 Fixed filling of WaterfallRenderableSeries3D with gradient brush when Y-Axis range contained negative part
- SC-7790 Added default shape for ColumnRenderableSeries3D and ImpulseRenderableSeries3D
- SC-7748 Fixed an issue when SciChartSurface would not pull new Annotations from a bound collection through AnnotationBinding after Unload/Load
- SC-7750 Fixed tooltips for Stacked Series showing AccumulatedValue instead of Y-Value in some use-cases
- SC-7779 Fixed rendering of Stacked Series with ZeroLineY
- SC-7795 Fixed incorrect rendering of 100% StackedColumnRenderableSeries with negative Y-values
- SC-7796 Fixed incorrect rendering of 100% StackedColumnRenderableSeries when ZeroLineY is set
More details can be found at the SciChart WPF Changelog
Where to get it
SciChart WPF v8.1 is available by:
- Downloading the installer from our scichart.com/downloads page
- Using Install-Package or Update-Package from NuGet
- By cloning and compiling the examples source code on GitHub
- By cloning or downloading the SciChart source code on GitHub (source code customers only)
Please ensure you uninstall the previous version(s) of SciChart before installing the latest version as this can prevent some issues in the upgrade process!
We welcome your feedback! Please let us know what you think about our new features, examples and improvements. You can contact our friendly, helpful team at any time!