We’ve moved over to a new format for communicating our releases and updates of our popular WPF Chart control, by publishing a rolling changelog of every fix or enhancement in SciChart.
You can find the changelogs in the top menu at Developers -> Changelogs -> SciChart WPF ChangeLog
What’s New in v8.2 of SciChart’s WPF Charts?
This release is a cumulative update with fixes and minor enhancements which is backward compatible to version 8.0 of SciChart WPF. It’s recommended for all users on v8.x to upgrade.
Changes since v8.1 include:
- Improved rendering error logging for better clarity and diagnostics
- Clarified error messages when creating DataSeries with unsupported data types
- Enhanced Dispose pattern implementation in SciChart 3D with improved management of locks and managed resources
- SC-7622 Added the ability to exclude a RenderableSeries3D from hit-testing by setting the IsHitTestVisible property
- SC-7554 Fixed autoranging behavior that would ignore ZeroLineY for FastColumnRenderableSeries, FastImpulseRenderableSeries and StackedSeries
- SC-7719 Fixed an issue when SciChartSurface would not pull new RenderableSeries from a bound collection through SeriesBinding after Unload/Load
- SC-7800 Fixed an issue when VerticalSliceModifier wouldn’t hide VerticalLines when disabled
- SC-7830 Fixed an issue when SciChartSurface would throw a SynchronizationLockException during rendering if there were no axes
- SC-7838 Fixed incorrect behavior of StackedSeries when ZeroLineY was smaller or greater than Y-values in a series
- Added the possibility to turn off resampling for FastStripeRenderableSeries using the ResamplingMode property
- SC-7734 Fixed failing of example export on some PCs due to missing trailing slash in the export path
- SC-7792 Fixed a NullReferenceException in SciChart3D when hit-testing invisible or not yet rendered RenderableSeries3D objects
- SC-7749 Fixed InvalidCastException with StripeDataSeries when data points number exceeded size of the viewport
- SC-7739 Fixed the issue with serialization of AnnotationCollection that would cause the default XML Serializer to skip other properties in the same class
- SC-7815 Fixed the issue when WaterfallRenderableSeries3D threw ArithmeticOperation Exception when hit-tested while invisible or before the first render
- SC-7647 Fixed the issue when repeated adding and removing of WaterfallRenderableSeries3D slowed down series creation time
More details can be found at the SciChart WPF Changelog
Where to get it
SciChart WPF v8.2 is available by:
- Downloading the installer from our scichart.com/downloads page
- Using Install-Package or Update-Package from NuGet
- By cloning and compiling the examples source code on GitHub
- By cloning or downloading the SciChart source code on GitHub (source code customers only)
Please ensure you uninstall the previous version(s) of SciChart before installing the latest version as this can prevent some issues in the upgrade process!
We welcome your feedback! Please let us know what you think about our new features, examples and improvements. You can contact our friendly, helpful team at any time!