It’s been a while since we’ve shipped a WPF release, as we are busy working on a number of exciting projects! However today we are pleased to announce that an important stability update for SciChart WPF: v126.96.36.19985 has been released.
What’s New in SciChart WPF v188.8.131.5285?
Lots and lots of bugs fixed! It is recommended for all users of SciChart WPF v4.x to update to the latest version, which should be a drop in replacement.
Critical Bugs (Crash or Memory Leak) Fixed
- SC-4113 Fixed Memory Leak in DirectX when EnableForceWaitForGPU=true
- SC-4096 Fixed an issue when RolloverModifier crashed when being synchronized and a surface placed in a TabControl
- SC-4060 Fixed an export to XPS issue where AxisPanel would throw because of not frozen internal bitmap
- SC-4085 Fixed the issue when LogarithmicAxis would crash if change ScientificNotation and use the default formatting
- SC-4010 Fixed interaction between ZoomPanModifier and PinchZoomModifier, as well as mouse event handling after touch events
- SC-4068 Fixed the issue when DataPointSelectionModifier threw on UpdateState
- SC-4041 Fixes blank screen on restart after sleep in 3D Charts
- SC-3368 Memory leak in DataSeries.Detach / _dsToNotify hashset
- SC-4041 Fixes Unhandled NullReferenceException – Direct3D10Image.OnIsFrontBufferAvailableChanged
- SC-4001 Fixed performance problem causing stutterring when Fifo Series and Legend is used
- SC-4053: Added throwing proper information when user tries to bind annotation to non-existent axis; fixed crash when adding line annotation on chart without data
- Fixes occasional InvalidOperationException / cross thread access in Direct3D10RenderSurface.Dispose when called from the finalizer thread
- Fixed Thread safety issue in BitmapContext.Dispose(). Ensure dictionary of open contexts is locked before removal
- SC-4114: fixed issue when dashed lines in legend don’t correctly represent their corresponding series
- SC-4116: Proper zoom extents for StackedColumns when ZeroLineY equals min or max DataRange
- SC-4115: fixed bad bindings for Ternaries Charts
- SC3D-409 SurfaceMeshRenderableSeries does not respond to VisibleRange change
- SC-4060 Added freezing of resources after deserialization
- SC-4064 Fixed an issue when a SelectedSeries would become deselected after chart re-load in MVVM scenarios
- SC-4059 Investigate ZoomPanModifier faster panning speed in MouseEventGroup – Merged pull request https://github.com/ABTSoftware/SciChartWPF/pull/7
- SC-4058 Investigate jumping VisibleRange with CategoryAxis – Merged pull request #6 from https://github.com/ABTSoftware/SciChartWPF/pull/6
- SC-4030 ThemeManager isn’t thread safe – Merged pull request #5 from https://github.com/ABTSoftware/SciChartWPF/pull/5
- SC-4047: modified example to make DataPointSelectionModifier work with SplineLineRenderableSeries
- SC-4057 Fixed the issue when PanModifier overrode the CursorProperty on the ParentSurface
- SC-4031: added ability to set major and minor delta for category axes
- SC-4035 Fixes after activating expired serial key, Licensing Wizard says Trial
- SC-4026 Fixed and changed horizontal line annotation template
- SC-4025 Fixed shared RolloverModifier work with vertical charts
- SC-3997 Fixed the issue when RolloverModifier doesn’t work well on synchronized surfaces with different alignment of Y axis
- Fixes bug where Text Values for double.NaN values in Heatmap cells are drawn as “NAN”
- Fixed vertical alignment of text inside a chart legend
- Fixed issue when scrolling for category axis started from wrong point – Merge pull request #8 from UnitedTraders/bugfix/too-fast-pan-fix-2
- Fixed 3D Charts height map edges incorrect rendering
- Fixes binding error in Using TooltipModifier Tooltips example
- Made some properties in SeriesValueModifier protected to make overriding easier
Where to Get It?
SciChart WPF v184.108.40.20685 is available from the usual channels.
- By downloading from our scichart.com/downloads page
- By Install-Package or Update-Package from NuGet
- By cloning or downloading the source code on Github (source code customers only)
Please ensure you uninstall previous version(s) of SciChart before installing v4.2.3 as this can prevent some issues in the upgrade process!
What’s Coming Soon?
We are still working hard on a massive release of SciChart iOS & Android v2, which will include Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android support. You can access early BETA’s of all three via our public Github repositories:
Each of the above repositories pulls binaries for SciChart iOS/Android/Xamarin v2 from Cocoapods (iOS), Maven (Android) and NuGet (Xamarin). Full build instructions are included in the Readme.md in the above repositories.
SciChart WPF Development in progress
We are also still working on a major update to SciChart WPF. This will feature a number of new 2D+3D Chart types as well as improvements to speed, stability and API for our WPF customerbase.
We have delayed releasing this since we want to get it right, and we have so many users using SciChart WPF v4 with great success, that there is no significant rush to get to market and we want to ensure when we do deliver, it will be super-awesome.
If you want to preview SciChart WPF v5 you can do so, again via a public Github repository, which also pulls assemblies from NuGet.