We are pleased to announce a Minor Update to the SciChart WPF SDK v4.
This release adds new features requested plus fixes some critical bugs which have been reported by our users over the past few weeks.
If you are using SciChart v4.x then this update is backwards compatible and is a drop-in replacement. If you are still using SciChart v3.6.1 we invite you to take a look at SciChart v4 and our migration guide. We’ve made it easier than ever to jump to the latest major version!
What’s New in v188.8.131.5212?
- WPF Ternary Chart support. SciChart WPF SDK Now supports
- WPF Ternary Scatter Charts
- WPF Ternary Polygon Plots
- WPF Ternary Error Bars Charts
- Cursors, Legends, Theming, Axis Styling and Text Formatting APIs similar to SciChart core library.
- WPF CategoryNumericAxis support.
- Complete overhaul to the Serialization mechanism and SciChartSurface.ExportToFile() functionality used for printing to Png, Jpeg, Bitmap and XPS. This resolves a number of issues reported by users related to ExportToFile.
- BaseRenderableSerieViewModel derived types now marked as Serializable.
- Ability to turn off scatter chart BasePointMarker clustering. This was causing performance problems in some cases, e.g. when you have hundreds or thousands of series with PointMarkers. To turn off clustering, please use the following code:
// Turns off clustering on this pointmarker BasePointMarker.PointMarkerBatchStrategy = new DefaultPointMarkerBatchStrategy(); // Turns on clustering on this pointmarker BasePointMarker.PointMarkerBatchStrategy = new ClusteredPointMarkerBatchStrategy();
- Fixes crashes in TimeSpanAxis.ZoomBy when zooming beyond the limits of TimeSpan.Min/Max
- SC-3544 Fixed 2D and 3D interaction toolbars when examples modifier is not in the modifier group.
- Changed default resamplingmode of FastBubbleRenderableSeries from Auto to None.
- Fixes memory leak when swapping SciChartSurface.ChartModifier – old modifier was not unsubscribed from mouse events until window unloaded.
- Fixed memory leak in RenderContextBase.DrawText. FontCacheKey / ISprite2D instnaces were not disposed. Moved the FontCache to RenderSurfaceBase and pass in to renderContext. When the RenderSurface is disposed (when SciChartSurface) is disposed, the cached fonts are also disposed. This should also improve performance of DrawText as fonts dont need to be recreated every frame
- SC-3510 Set RenderableSeries for SelectedPointMarker in BaseRenderableSeries
- Fix for memory leak in TooltipModifier derived classes where DelayActionHelper DispatcherTimer is started but never stopped
- Fixes issue where instantiating a BaseSceneEntity or a BaseRenderableSeries3D before SciChart3DSurface causes a crash
- SC-3502: fixed issue when annotations disappear after switching between tabs
- Fixed NullReferenceException in SciChartScrollbar
- Fixed issue in composite annotation when x and y AxisId’s on the child annotations do not update.
- SC-3505: fixed issue when HeatMap ColorMap doesn’t respond to changes in the GradientStops collection
- SC-3504 ZoomPanModifier marks MouseUp event as handled, cannot show ContextMenu on SciChartSurface and use ZoomPanModifier
- SC-3503 SciChartSurface.MainGrid is not focusable, prevents Key Events in ChartModifiers from firing
- Fixed TooltipModifier work on StackedMountains when UseInterpolation = false, and set UseInterpolation = true for TooltipModifier by default
Where to get SciChart Downloads?
The usual places: Installers from the Downloads page, Packages from NuGet and source-code via Github!