We are pleased to announce a Minor Update to the SciChart WPF SDK v4.1.
This release adds new features requested plus fixes some critical bugs which have been reported by our users over the past few weeks.
If you are using SciChart v4.x then this update is backwards compatible and is a drop-in replacement. If you are still using SciChart v3.6.1 we invite you to take a look at SciChart v4 and our migration guide. We’ve made it easier than ever to jump to the latest major version!
What’s New in v188.8.131.5245?
New Features (3D Charts)
- Added new feature : rasterizer states. This now allows rendering with culled back faces.
- Added support for immediate drawing of meshes with light. It is possible to work with lighting, although the new BeginLit needs to be used, and a normal should be set before drawing any face.
Fixed (2D Charts)
- SC-3551 Fixes critical bug introduced in v4.1.0 where FIFO Series did not display properly, and non FIFO series resampled as MinMax always drew a line back to 0,0 at the end.
- Fixed issue in LineAnnotation when it get NaN coordinates.
- Fixes crash where Tab out or Lost Focus of SciChartScrollBar = exception.
- Fixed serialization(exporting) of charts with Styles.
- Fixed serialization\deserealization(exporting) of GridLinesPanelStyle.
- Fixes serialization\deserealization(exporting) of VerticalSliceModifier (without tooltips for now).
- Fixed alignment of wicks in Candlesticks.
- Added IncludeSeriesProperty attached property to DataPointSelectionModifier. Default TRUE.
- Reverted caching of DataSeries GetIndicesRange(). In some cases this causes instability.
- Updated the Ternary Chart documentation.
Fixed (3D Charts)
- Moved CustomPointMarker3D outside of SciChart.Charting3D.
- The Point Cloud 3D example: added code to demonstrate how a custom texture can be used as a point marker.
- The Point Cloud 3D example: now has a new option that shows a custom texture in usage. It creates a cross shaped texture.
- Renamed the SciChartTexture enum for the template textures and meshes with word SciChartTextureTemplate to avoid confusion.
- DefaultPointMarkers.cs now has a en example of how a custom texture can be used with point markers, what needs to be done is creating a Texture2D in the constructor, and retrning it in the getter, and adding a Dispose function.
- Fixed bug where WorldDimensions change does not result in SC3D Mesh or Scatter or PointLine mesh change.
- Fixed recreation of mesh EVERY frame (last WorldDimensions was not stored).
- Fixed a bug in SurfaceMeshSceneEntity where surface mesh does not change size if SciChart3DSurface.WorldDimensions changes size.
- Fixed PointsMesh, it was not setting a texture, there fore the example was always using rectangles and no triangles or circles.
Where to get SciChart Downloads?
The usual places: Installers from the Downloads page, Packages from NuGet and source-code via Github!
GET SCICHART v4.1.1