We have a waterfall chart where we plot spectrums of XData length 2097153 and of multiple slices. It takes forever to plot this chart. Our application hangs. I tried multiple resampling algorithms as given in the link https://github.com/ABTSoftware/SciChart.Wpf.Examples/blob/SciChart_v6_Release/Sandbox/CustomerExamples/ResamplingOfGridDataSeries3D/ResamplingOfGridDataSeries3D.xaml.cs
But this changes the plot’s appearance completely which makes plot unusable.
Please can you suggest how I can plot this chart with decent performance.
- How many slices at 2,000,000 datapoints per slice do you want to draw?
- We have slices configurable. Maximum slice count would be 100.
- OK so – quick maths – 100 slices x 2,000,000 datapoints = 200M datapoints. 1 datapoint for 3D waterfall requires 48 bytes of GPU memory (X,Y,Z,Color, plus 2 other parameters) = 9.6GBytes of video memory. Also 200M vertices in the GPU is pushing the boundary of what a GPU can draw. Some sort of line simplification is necessary here to achieve good performance, however for a 3D slice/line the simplification algorithm is not simple! I’ll discuss with the team and get back to you
- Hi Deepashree, We’ve discussed your inquiry and logged it in our tracking system, however, there is no simple solution for this, unfortunately. We’ll get back to you as soon as we have an update. With best regards, Lex, SciChart Technical Support Engineer
- You must login to post comments