Hello SciChart customers!
We are always happy to take time to thank you for being with us.
Why are we doing this?
SciChart provides two tiers of support.
- Customers who have purchased tech support get access to our support desk and are able to submit tickets with a 1-day turnaround.
- Customers in their trial can use the Forums.
What we have found is
- Many questions on the forums lack the necessary steps to reproduce.
- Have poorly formatted questions, code samples (often the result of our forum plugin, but sometimes user error)
- Lack images or other aids to help reproduce problems.
- A number of users who have not paid for support, or who have expired support are using the forums, creating a tax on our time.
This is causing us to lose a lot of time and making it more difficult to serve the customers that have paid for support. We could enforce strictly question asking guidelines, however, Stackoverflow has a very strong community which enforces guidelines: questions asked poorly will get downvoted by the community.
So, what we are doing for the month of May is trialling support on Stackoverflow. depending on the result of this month we may keep this or revert it.
How we will support you
Our team is monitoring the SciChart Tag on stackoverflow. Every day an email is sent to our team with new questions that have been asked. We will endeavour to answer you as we have been before.
However, questions which do not meet the Stackoverflow question asking guidelines will not be answered. It is possible the community will also downvote you! You have been warned!
Encouraging the Community
Finally, we hope this move will encourage the community to answer one another as well. Answer SciChart questions to gain reputation points! We hope this will also maintain the knowledge sharing on a high-profile level.
We will make the SciChart Forum read-only from May for 30 days and see how it works. We are welcoming your feedback by contacting us. Please let us know what do you think!