We are pleased to announce that the SciChart WPF v6.2.1, build 13303 has now been released! This update includes a number of bug fixes and minor enhancements requested by users since version 6.2.x. This release is a drop-in replacement for 6.x and it is recommended for all users to update.
What’s New in SciChart v6.2.1?
New Examples & Demos
Added the Lidar Demo to the Examples Suite. We created a blog post over at blog.scichart.com to show how to load Lidar data from the UK Defra Survey into SciChart, and visualize as a point-cloud and contour map. This example is now available in the SciChart WPF Examples Suite.
We also added a Webinar titled Algo Trading with SciChart WPF. We built an in-house Algorithmic Trading framework which lets you connect to a Crypto exchange (Bitmex, Binance) and execute algorithmic trades, as well as perform tick-by-tick backtests of your trading strategies, all visualised with SciChart WPF.
If you’d like to know how SciChart can be used in the most demanding markets, with complex data-visualization (buy/sell markers on chart, multi-pane charts, different scaling per series, different indicator or filters on a chart, custom interaction behaviours) then take a look.
IMPORTANT ISSUES FIXED in 6.2.1
The following issues are considered critical and we recommend customers update to avoid them from impacting your applications or development work.
- Fixed an issue where users of Multi-GPU PCs incorrectly dropped down to software rendering when auto-detecting GPU support for our DirectX Visual Xccelerator Engine.
- SC-5484 Fixed an issue where some customers could not activate a paid SciChart WPF License. This required an update in SciChart WPF as well as the Licensing Wizard.
- SC-5485 Fixed a bug where EnableImpossibleMode is True and the first two data-points have the same X-value results in hang & infinite loop.
- SC-5480 Fixed a bug where EnableImpossibleMode is True and chart has a few datapoints results in chart not updating
- Made VisualXcceleratorEngine.DowngradeWithoutException true by default. Ensure IsEnabledChanged processed after other dependency properties. This resolves issues where on some computers a compatibility exception is thrown.
- SC-5463 Fixed memory leak when AnnotationBinding is used and bound ObservableCollection changes reference
- SC-5463 improved fix for ‘MVVM Annotations memory leak’ by using CollectionChangedEventManager weak events
- SC-5465 Fixed the issue when RadarSurface would throw and exception when axes collection was bound
- SC-5458 Fixed ArgumentOutOfRangeException when deselecting RenderableSeriesViewModel
- Fixed LinearTrend and PolynomialTrend Filters are crashing when data in unsorted
Minor Issues fixed in 6.2.1
- SC-5440 Fixed incorrect rendering of SurfaceMesh2D when VisibleRange is set manually
- SC-5471 TooltipModifier3D stops working after SurfaceMeshRenderableSeries3D change
- SC-5463 Ensure VerticalSliceModifier.VerticalLines are created and updated when VerticalLinesBinding MVVM API is used.
- SC3D-488 Last point in Scatter3D series doesn’t obey Metadata color
- Fixed showing getting-started page whenever the Visual Studio Package Manager Console window was opened after installing SciChart from NuGet.
Where to Get SciChart WPF?
SciChart WPF v6.2.1 is available by:
- Downloading from our scichart.com/downloads page.
- Using Install-Package or Update-Package from NuGet.
- By cloning or downloading the source code on Github (source code customers only).
Please ensure you uninstall the previous version(s) of SciChart before installing the latest version as this can prevent some issues in the upgrade process!
Pricing and Licensing
SciChart WPF v6.2.1 will be free of charge to customers with an active Support-Subscription.
For new customers, please find our pricing at our store page.
If your support has expired and you would like to get access to the improvements & fixes in this release, contact-sales and we will prepare you a renewal quote.