We are pleased to announce a Minor update to SciChart High Performance WPF Charts: SciChart v3.4.1 Build 6431
This builds upon our feature-packed v3.3 and v3.4 releases over the last few months. See our Latest Releases Category for details of our releases.
This release contains several critical bug fixes and it is strongly recommended to upgrade if you are using SciChart v3.x. Since v3.2, we are now following semantic versioning and this should be backward compatible to SciChart v3.2, v3.3 and v3.4, and it is safe and recommended to upgrade subject to testing your application.
What’s New in v220.127.116.1131?
- SC-2716 Line Clipping Algorithm fix in all three renderers (HQ, HS, DX)
- SC-2718, SC-2132 Polygon clipping now implemented for Mountain area rendering
Zooming until VisibleRange.Max-Min was smaller than 1E-5 causes artifacts in line and mountain rendering in DirectX, High Quality, High Speed Renderer plugins including disappearing lines, incorrect line position, flickering lines, flickering mountain areas, disappearing or jagged or incorrectly positioned mountain areas
This is a critical fix which affects the visual output of the chart when using line or mountain series when the VisibleRange.Max-Min is small
All series and Renderer Plugins now support zooming to VisibleRange.Max-Min <= 1E-12, which is near the limit of precision for double (64bit) in .NET
- SC-2720 Fixed inaccurate positioning of lines where StrokeThickness > 1d in the High Speed renderer, where the line segment is not centered on the X,Y coordinate
- SC-2723,1974 Fixed an AntiAliasing issue when drawing artifacts appeared for vertical lines at the edges of the viewport
- SC-2710 Fixed a bug with StackedColumnRenderableSeries where XAxis Labels are shifted with respect to column position
- SC-2719 Fixed a bug where the size of axis ticks were considered during layout even though ticks were set not to appear
- SC-2724 Fixed an issue within the BodyBrush DependencyProperty definition for FastBoxPlotRenderableSeries
- SC-2722 Hit-test fix: StrokeThickness is considered during hit-test on series with bodies
- SC-2721 Hit-test fix: hitTestRadius is ignored during hit-test on series with bodies
- SC-2728 Fixed hit-test on rotated stacked series
- SC-2731 StackedColumns aren’t scaled to fit the area if the only data point
- SC-2735 Fixed an exception during hit-test when unsigned data types are used
- SC-2738 WPF performance demo scatter chart crash fixed
- SC-2704 SciChartSurface.ZoomExtents should not apply zoom to axis which has no DataSeries
- SC-2705 AxisBase.VisibleRange bindings being lost/overwritten in some cases
- SC-2702 StackOverflowException when adding and removing annotations
- SC-2700 Fix a recursive layout bug where SciChartSurface re-sized continually in the Visual Studio designer
- SC-2706 Fixed LabelTickToIndent Binding Error
- SC-2711 Reverted breaking API change introduced in v3.4.0: ChartModifierBase.OnYAxesCollectionChanged, OnXAxesCollectionChanged function signature had changed, now back to the pre v3.4 signature.
- SC-2712 Candlestick/OHLCRenderableSeries int arithmetic overflow during drawing
- SC-2714 Bug in SciChartScrollbar: viewport overlaps left re-sizing grip ( changed SciChartScrollbar template to prevent overlapping of re-sizing grips by viewport )
- SC-2717 SeriesInfo isn’t initialized properly via the constructor which takes 1 param
Where can I get it?
To get SciChart High Performance WPF Charts v3.4.1 please head over to our Downloads page, or, you can get the binaries alone at our Nightly Build page. Source-code customers in support will be emailed shortly with an update. You can find the Source-code URL in the License Certificate email that you receive!