WPF Chart - Examples
SciChart WPF ships with hundreds of WPF Chart Examples which you can browse, play with, view the source-code and even export each WPF Chart Example to a stand-alone Visual Studio solution. All of this is possible with the new and improved SciChart WPF Examples Suite, which ships as part of the SciChart WPF SDK.
An MVVM example which showcases real-time ticking stock charts.
In the source-code you will see that we use the OhlcDataSeries.Append and OhlcDataSeries.Update methods to
Click the START button to start the example. Now you can zoom and pan the chart, it continues to tick and update in real-time.
– Switch from OHLC to Candlestick chart.
– Select Pan or Zoom mode.
– Zoom to extents via button or double-clicking on the chart.
– Drag XAxis and YAxis to scale.
– Drag the Overview control to scroll and scale.
– Hover to see XY cursor values.
An in-depth explanation of how this example works can be seen at the article How to have a Fixed Scrolling Time-Range on the XAxis that works with Modifiers
– FAQ: OhlcDataSeries Append or Update latest bar
– How to have a Fixed Scrolling Time-Range on the XAxis that works with Modifiers
– FastCandlestickRenderableSeries Type
– OhlcDataSeries Type
– CategoryDateTimeAxis vs. NumericAxis
The C#/WPF source code for the WPF Realtime Ticking Stock Charts example is included below (Scroll down!).
Did you know you can also view the source code from one of the following sources as well?
- Clone the SciChart.WPF.Examples from Github.
- Or, view source in the SciChart WPF Examples suite.
- Also the SciChart WPF Trial contains the full source for the examples (link below).